Paris, the City of Love
Finally I'm writing about our experience in the wonderful city of Paris. This city stole our hearts...
"Des yeux qui font baisser les miens Un rire qui se perd sur sa bouche Voilà le portrait sans retouche De l'homme auquel j'appartiens
Quand il me prend dans ses bras Il me parle tout bas Je vois la vie en rose..."
The song we listened to every minute.
Paris is one of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen. Everything is beautiful, even the traffic lights. Each building was beautiful. Each street. And the metro stations too.
We hope to come back soon <3
First of all, we stayed a few days in a beautiful house from BEHOMM, a private home exchange community for creatives and design lovers. Then you can travel and stay in a home for free. To travel this way is so much better, you can meet the owners of the house you're staying in, you know better the culture and have more freedom. It's just a different experience. So if you are a creative or have a tasty designed house anywhere in the world, you must check it out!
my love <3
WHAT TO VISIT:
This captivating city is huge and we didn't have enough time to visit everything but here are the places we visited:
- Obviously, the Eiffel Tower and its surroundings. Try to visit it at night too, when it lights up it's magic!
- Champs Elysées et Champs de Mars
- Pont des Arts with "La Vie en Rose" playing...
- Montmartre, where the artists and painters are.
- Le Malais
- Seine River perfect for a walk, so romantic <3
- Musée du Louvre and Musée d'Orsay
- Sacré Coeur
- Place de la Concorde
- Place Vendome, majestic! We went at 9am in the morning and was empty. Amazing!
- Tuileries Gardens
- Notre Dame
- La Madeleine
- Arc de Triomphe, please go to the top for INCREDIBLE views. Biel has a photo of it on his Instagram. Each corner was beautiful. Inside there is a video that explains the story of the construction. You must see it! <3
I know we've missed A LOT of beautiful places but the next time we will visit them for sure <3
We went at 9am to this street by bike to have a Parisian breakfast at the typical French "Bistrot". We rented bikes with a public company called Vélib. You just have to buy a ticket and they let you rent any bike for 24h. (you have to be careful because for each bike they charge you 150€ as a "warranty". We rented 3 bikes and they charged me 450€ that they haven't returned to me yet).
But the experience of renting bikes was amazing, we had so much fun :) There are many more bike lanes than Barcelona, so is so much easier!
Montmartre is a little district behind the Sacré Coeur basilica. There are a lot of artists, painters and musicians playing the accordion. Just a lovely environment <3
The first night, we had a romantic dinner in a Bistrot with the most beautiful sights, the illuminated Tour Eiffel...while we were listening to "la vie en rose" <3
An important thing: WHERE TO EAT:
- Café Antonia at Le Bristol: Just the perfect spot for a classy lunch or tea time! As you may know, Le Bristol is the best hotel in Paris. We had the opportunity to stay in a room with amazing views of Paris and the Eiffel Tower.
- Le Potager de Charlotte: As I said on my Instagram post, is the cutest vegan place to eat! 100% vegan <3 Hardworking and veeeery nice owners.
- Love Juice Paris for breakfast (vegan) This is where my açaí bowl I posted on Instagram come from.
- Café Montorgueil - please try their vegetarian burguer... Little bit oily but DELICIOUS!
- Any restaurant in Rue Montorgueil, the typical Parisian street you must visit.
Hope you like the post I just made with all my love for you.
Se you soon!